Gittyup is a graphical Git client designed to help you understand and manage your source code history. Gittyup is an open source software developed by voluntiers, if you like the application please support us
The stable version is available for
- flatpak for Linux
- 32 / 64 binary for Windows or
The latest version is available either as pre-built for
- flatpak for Linux,
- 32 / 64 binary for Windows,
or, can be built from source by following the directions in the Gittyup Repository.
To see the changes of the current version please have a look at the changelog section
How to Get Help
Ask questions about building or using Gittyup on
Stack Overflow by
gittyup tag. Remember to search for existing questions
before creating a new one.
Report bugs in Gittyup by opening an issue in the issue tracker. Remember to search for existing issues before creating a new one.
If you still need help, check out our Matrix channel Gittyup:martix.org.
Single branch view to focus on your work
Select “Show Selected Branch” in the drop down menu above the commit list
Single line staging
by eighter clicking on the checkboxes next to each line or by selecting the relevant code and pressing “S”. For unstaging you can uncheck the checkboxes or press “U”. To revert changes, select the text and press “R”.
of the history or the change dialog by pressing Ctrl+M
to find specific commits much faster
Use an existing tag as template for your next tag. So you never have to look which is your latest tag
To visit the blame with its history for unchanged files
See blame of the current version with an integrated timeline to see who changed which line
Commit message template
Create you commit messages according a defined template
to be able to switch fast between repositories
And a lot more …
v1.1.2 - 2022-08-12
Bug fix release
- Fix bundled OpenSSL version incompatibility
v1.1.1 - 2022-06-09
Bug fix release
- Distinguish between commit author and committer
- Show image preview also for deleted files
- Official macOS X release
- Fix single line staging if not all hunks are loaded
- Fix cherrypick commit author
- Fix segmentation fault if submodule update fails
- Fix line staging with windows new lines
- Show first change in the diff view when loading
- Improved windows icon
v1.1.0 - 2022-04-30
Second release of Gittyup
- Button to directly access the terminal and the filebrowser
- Add support for running in single instance mode
- Customizable hotkeys
- Quick commit author overriding
- keyboard-interactive SSH auth
- Improved single line staging and replacing staging image to a more appropriate one
- Font customizing
- Options to switch between staging/unstaging treeview, single tree view and list view
- Do not automatically abort rebase if conflicts occur
- Add possibility to save file of any version on local system
- Add possibility to open a file of any version with default editor
v1.0.0 - 2021-11-18
First version of the GitAhead Fork Gittyup
- Staging of single lines
- Double tree view: Seeing staged and unstaged changes in different trees.
- Maximize History or Diff view by pressing Ctrl+M
- Ignore Pattern: Ability to ignore all files defined by a pattern instead of only one file
- Tag Viewer: When creating a new tag all available tags are visible. Makes it easier to create consistent tags.
- Commit Message template: Making it easier to write template based commit messages.